Thursday, February 18, 2010

Mini Meatball Sandies (Giada De Laurentiis)

I was inspired this week by Giada De Laurentiis baby's first birthday party show that I had DVR'd. I tried the pasta recipe she made, which wasn't a total hit at my house, but I also tried these mini meatball 'sandies' which everyone loved. The only substitution I made was bread crumbs instead of corn flakes because that is what I had. The sandies were quick and easy and of course 'mini' which was pretty fun for the kids. I served them with some baby carrots to round it out and dinner was on in twenty minutes. These would also be great for adults at a cocktail party.

Mini Meatball Sandies (Giada De Laurentiis)

Timing - 20 minutes

Ingredients
1/2 cup bread crumbs
1 T chopped fresh parsley
1 egg, lightly beaten
1/2 T olive oil
1 T ketchup, plus more for serving
2 T grated Romano cheese
salt and pepper
1/2 lb lean ground beef
12 mini Hawaiin rolls

How to Make
Put and oven rack in the center of the oven and preheat to 375 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.

In a bowl, stir together everything but the meat. When it's combined, add the meat and mix gently with your hands. Roll into 12 mini meatballs. Arrange the meatballs on the baking sheet and bake for 15 minutes. Let cool for 5 minutes, serve on the buns with extra ketchup.

Makes 12 sandies

No comments: